Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chapter Fourteen, "Journey Renewed"

"Where are you taking me?"
"Down the mountain."
"No kidding. Where then?"
"You lead then. The light will guide our path."

Nond was following her then. She had expected to be shown an ancient prophesy or something. For a poorly defined quest she had expected a little more guidance or at least something mystical.

"Might work better if I knew where we are."
"Can't say really, Golem creation has a few uncontrollable factors."
"Golem?"
"This body. Did you believe an body like this was natural?"
"With the whole sprite thing, yes I did. Figured you were some kind of guardian."
"I am in a way. I have been here as long as the sprites have. Perhaps one day I will explain what a sage is, or where I come from."

Alicea looked into the forest. They were standing next to a small stream. It was a lovely view, but She couldn't enjoy it there was work to be done.

"Maybe you can explain while we walk?"
"No. I think we should help that man over there being attacked by the warriors in the middle of a fire."

Alicea drew her axes and charged off into the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment