Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chapter Seventeen, 'Next Step'

"I see why you weren't afraid back there lass. That happen often?"
"That was the first time it happened like that. Usually it hurts more. Could you toss me my pack?"

"Colonel Haeveld would have a field day with you lass. He's a bit obsessed with Nielda-beast tranfigurmatism, Transformitation, changin inta animals like that."
"The firebringer means transformation."
"That."
"Then it happens to other people too?"
"I don't know; I kinda figured he must have a fetish or something; it usually comes up when someone gets him thinking about his late wife."

"Where is this Haeveld?"
"In the mountains, there be a pass into the valley near the lake with the little shrines in the middle."
"What coincidence; I was going that way anyways."
"Really? Let me guess; the warlock killed your pappy and yeh're out for blood?"
"No, he killed the sprites whose shrines you just mentioned and left me for dead."
"I don't believe Kron believed you dead. He had guards posted and you were chained to a large rock."
"Even worse, he'll actually be expecting me to come for him."

"So we be off to off the warlock; the horrible warlock called Kron?"
"What? He's a living being you can't just turn him off like a light or a truck or something."
"It be a figure of speech lass. It means we're going to kill him"
"Oh; that makes sense. Someone is going to have to me about more of these so I don't look like an idiot when I actually live with Nielda."
"It be a long road lass. I'll tell you what you need be knowin and the golem can tell us both how he be here and there be no master around to command him."
"Perhaps that would be best."

No comments:

Post a Comment